Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I am back! (not that I have been gone anywhere, but...)

It has been 4 weeks since my latest post. Well, if you can consider that a post, only two lines where I am sending you to another blog so that you can read something that I had written..

I have been extremely busy these weeks. First of all my little one began going to daycare. He had a period of insertion in the system, where the duration of stay at the school increased day by day and finally since last week he began staying at school from 8:30 in the morning until 16:30, nearly 17:00. He had no problem in going to school, meeting new people, both adults and kids like himself. He is a very independent little boy, just like his sister. No crying when we leave him at school, no crying when he falls while playing... They say that he eats everything (and in abundance) at lunch and snack time. He is a very good boy indeed. He is so sweet that during his first week one of the little girls in his group wanted to 'taste' him, and gave him a big bite on his left cheek! The teachers said that he was left there in awe without knowing what to do. He went around with a round blue mark on his cheek for a week after the incident.

Then, of course, began our sicknesses.. First me, with stomach-aches, sneezes, coughs.. It lasted two weeks. Afterwards it was Sander's turn. Poor him, he had an ear infection, he couldn't go to school for an entire week and had to use antibiotics. Now he seems to be fine.

And last, but not the least, important thing on my agenda was finding a job. I have been searching on the net every single day. I got contacted by two people, who wanted to discuss job opportunities with me. One of them was for a job in Ireland, so I just had to forget about it. But the second one is here in Italy, although it is not in Florence, it is close by. Today I had to do a programming test for this position. It works like this. They send you a problem that needs to be solved algorithmically, and coded, run on the data set that they include in their mail. Then, everything that is produced (i.e. the algorithm, the code and the output) needs to be mailed back to them in 3 hours. Well, when you have only 3 hours you cannot do much. Luckily they didn't expect me to find an optimal algorithm for the problem, but just any solution. I only had time to write the code, compile it and get rid of any compilation errors, and then write my assumptions and sketch the algorithm for the solution. I didn't have enough time to debug the code, which, right now, is not finding a solution to the problem, but with a few hours' work would work just fine. I wonder what they wanted to see with this test... Now the ball is in their hands.. I am waiting for their next step.

I will try to write again here every now and then. By the way, I have already begun writing the rest of our vacation in France, but didn't get the chance to finish it yet.

1 comment:

  1. hos geldinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:)gozlerimiz hergun seni aradi:)Bu arada herkese gecmis olsun:)

    ReplyDelete