Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

In sickness and health

- I was sick yesterday. So sick that I didn't even get near my computer, think! :-) On Sunday we went out to see the fresh oil from the little producers around our area. There, around the stands, we ate something prepared over the grill. We think that we got poisoned by the things we ate. I spent the whole night between the bedroom and bathroom. Iris was also sick but she survived by not eating anything and my husband managed to go to work although he wasn't feeling well. Luckily my son and my mother didn't eat from the same thing and they were saved. I spent the whole day yesterday in bed. Today I am feeling fine again.

- I need urgent help. I should buy a present for a friend of ours who is celebrating her 40th birthday this weekend. I think that it should be a personal present, but I am having trouble deciding what could be the best thing to buy. Any ideas???

- I added a new link to the blogs that I follow, take a peek: talk turkey.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding (as well as advertising) me.

    Now let's Talk Turkey!

    Are all your friends 40? Do you have any who are single and not that old??? Kidding . . . not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, gecmis olsun (feel better), and as for the suggestion for the gift, here is mine . . .

    get her a certificate at a spa for an aromatherapy massage (with a hot guy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Metin, not all my friends are 40, there are some that are even older :-P But, yes, I have friends younger than 40, hot and single (even in USA) ;-)

    The certificate was the 2nd thing that came to my mind (the first was a male stripper :-P ), but my husband didn't like the idea. These Italians are SO traditional in everything you have no idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I named the stripper, did I? :-P

    The friends in the USA are not 'original' Americans, they are like yourself :-)

    When it comes to Italians.. Let me tell you about them privately, I don't want to be attacked here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...i know what u mean

    i once had a fling with a Francesca (I'll leave the last name out) from Italy.

    Unfortunately it didn't work out. But she was one of the brat recipients of the Fendi empire.

    I couda been rich!!!

    oh well . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gecmis olsun kuzencim;tarif ettigin tablo besin zehirlenmesine benziyor;bir daha dikkatli ol yediklerin konusunda:))))))
    facebookdaki 40 yas hediye sorusunun keramet_i farikasi ortaya cikti;demek ki bir arkadas icinmis:)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just got poisoned from tobacco wrapped cheese! B did much worse, but my whole world was spinning for a whole day. :o(

    Give them gourmet something...

    www.elifsavas.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elif Hanim,

    As a blog connoisseur, I had to check out your blog . . . very impressive.

    Okyanusta neler varmista haberimiz yokmus . . .

    Yasemin,

    Did you decide on the gift? What about tickets to see a play or something, along with 40 lottery tickets?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elif & Metin, I gave in and bought something not very creative :-( My friend loves wearing huge rings on her tiny thin fingers :-) So, I bought a big ring with three flowers made from some green gemstones and matching earrings...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, if nothing, she can punch somebody out with the ring. :oP

    Metin Bey, thanks. :o)

    www.elifsavas.com/blog

    ReplyDelete