Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Iris' birthday

I have been running around the house like a maniac the whole week.. On Monday I began cleaning/putting in place/putting away/replacing/washing/mending things at 7:30 am and continued non-stop until 16:30, only taking little breaks to feed or change the baby. At 16:30 I had to stop, because I had to go and get my daughter from school. I continued doing things in the house also in the evening that day.

On Tuesday I gave myself a break and went for a walk with my kids instead of running around in the house.

Yesterday morning I locked myself in the house again, this time to make a skirt for my Iris. Today is her birthday and I wanted to 'make' her a gift instead of buying one this year. So, I took all the materials I had, decided how to make it and made it all from scratch. It was finished by lunch time! At night, while everybody else in the house was sleeping, I also took the blouse I had knitted for her, finished its little details and ironed the two pieces, ready for this morning.

This morning she was so excited :-) Right after breakfast she got dressed and I took her pictures, as I always do every year on her birthday before she goes off to school.

She looks so grown up with her new hair style (we got it cut yesterday evening). She is 6 now, beginning elementary school in September. Time flies!

Every year I arrange a big birthday party for her in our garden. This year I won't do it for the first time. Instead, I ordered a big birthday cake for her and took it to her school today and she celebrated with her friends. On Sunday we have a grill party in our garden with some friends. I am planning to prepare a cake for her so that I can take her picture blowing the candles :-) But next year I promised to make a big party inviting also a clown.

I will have visitors this weekend and from Thursday over next weekend at our house. So I don't think that I will find the time to post anything for about 10 days.

6 comments:

  1. 1 ay sonra bizde de ayni heyecan, cok beceriklisin, sahane olmus etek bluz, tabi ki Iris tasiyor o yuzden daha da cok guzel görunuyor... Her gununuz dogum gunu guzelliginde olsun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!
    Enjoy the Italian spring...
    But dont let me down editing my blog..))
    Kindest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogumgunu yazini bekliyodum,zaten.Iris'in kiyafeti cok sik olmus,houte coutre tabii...Yeni yasa yeni sac stili,"annenin modeli" terkedilmis,bakiyorum.Eeee kuzencim zaman geciyor.kizlar buyuyor....Dilerim hayat bize guzel gunler getirsin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alp&Ege'nin annesi, sagol canim iyi dileklerin icin :-)

    Hans: don't worry, I will do my job ;-)

    Meloscum, he valla yav :-P Cok cabuk buyuyor bu kizlar, bizi de begenmiyorlar buyudukce, napicaz bilmem ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellerine saglik yasemin c.a. cok guzel yapmissin iris'e de cok yakismis... kimbiir dedigin gibi ne kadar heyecan yapmistir o simdi ( bu deyimde magazin dunyamizdan ;) bu arada ayakkabilarda kiyafetle cok uygun secilmis gozumuzden kacamadi :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty little lady!

    www.elifsavas.com/blog

    ReplyDelete