Pages

Friday, April 13, 2007

Don't read this if you are on a diet!

I love experimenting in my kitchen and today I had the perfect occasion. I had chocolate from two Easter-eggs, two bags of cookies that were about to go soft and a whole package of mascarpone cheese whose best before date is tomorrow! I have been surfing the net for a suitable recipe in which I could use all the materials that I wanted to get rid of. Finally I found an all chocolate cheesecake recipe that seemed OK. But of course I had to adapt this recipe to the ingredients that I had at hand. I sat down to work...

One of the bag of cookies was of type quaresimali, with chocolate, in the form of letters of the alphabet, something that you can buy only around the time of carnival here. The second bag contained cookies made of corn flour, quite good to accompany a cup of black tea actually. I placed all these cookies in the blender and after a few turns I had the cookie-flour for the base of my cake. In the mean time I had already melted about 200 grams of butter and left it aside to cool. I mixed the cookie-flour and the melted butter with a tablespoon of dark cacao. After covering the bottom of my springform pan with baking paper I pressed this mixture to cover it evenly and baked the base for 10 minutes in 175 degrees C.

While the base was in the oven I began preparing the fill. In a bowl I mixed 250 grams of mascarpone cheese and a cup of sugar. I added 2 tablespoons of flour to the cheese-sugar mixture instead of only one as written in the original recipe. Then I added 5 eggs one by one, mixing very well after adding each egg. I substituted the sour cream with two tablespoons of full-milk yogurt. Finally I added the melted chocolate and 1 ml of vanilla extract. After tasting the mixture I decided that it was too sweet for my taste (must be the chocolate from the Easter eggs; milk chocolate, nobody likes it in the family, that is why it was left uneaten until today). So I added one full tablespoon of dark cacao. Looking in the box of cacao I noticed that very little was left. I thought 'What the heck..' and added the rest of the cacao as well :-) I poured the mixture over the base and rolled it into the oven at 220 degrees C. After 15 minutes I took the temperature down to 150 degrees and put the timer to 45 minutes. Right now the cake is still cooking. So I cannot tell you yet how this experiment turned out. But I will add a picture here as soon as possible, and tell you what the family members thought about my all chocolate cheesecake.


The all chocolate cake was delicious! We all ate two slices each yesterday. But next time I will try to make it with a different base, maybe a thin layer of pan di spagna with cacao. This one was rather heavy for our taste. We are not used to eating so much butter. (14.04.2007 10:03 AM)

14 comments:

  1. Valla billa okumadim, okumayinca da ne yorum yapiim bilemedim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fulyaaaaa sana ne zaman kilolarimi verebilirim ben memnuniyetle hiiii :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hani Zeynos diette olabilir de Fulyanimin dieti neresi icin yaptigini bilemedim :-P Valla Fulya ben de sana soyle en az bi 3 kilo verebilirim, ne zaman istersen haber ver :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diet sirf kilo vermek icin mi olur saniyorsunuz siz,bir de okumus kadinlar olacaksiniz:))
    Su bos kilo vaadlerinizden de biktim bir genc kizin kalbiyle bu kadar da oynanmaz ki canim:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uff utandim vallayi simdi.. Ama ben dusunmustum ama ne tur bi diyettesin acaba diye ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sevgili Yasemin,
    Hem cikolatali, hem peynirli; yerim ve 6 km de kosarim. Tarifi yazacagim simdi..(Gelecek sefere malzemeleri ayri yazman benim gibi kolay okumayi sevenleri sevindirir). Eline saglik..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tarife link varmis, özur dilerim..Renk körlugu de basladi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sekerim valla mukemmel adapte etmissin, ellerine saglik. Olsa da yiyebilseydim.
    Bugun kahvaltimi yaptim, spora gittim, ise gelince bir kruvasan yedim, 10 dakika sonra ben gene actim, bir paket de kraker yedim. Simdi ben diyetteyim di mi?? Ne de olsa 275 calori yaktim sabah :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blog is in English, but most of the comments are in Turkish...
    Is this an international blog or for desperate housewives fom Turkey living abroad only..))

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a blog for multilingual people :-) If you don't understand Turkish still, hey, this is your problem! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dincilerden sonra bloglara bir de Hans A.H.C. de Wit diye bir vatandas dadandi :-))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zeynep sana cok guldum:)))
    Yerini yurdunu biliyoruz allahtan hans'in. Hadi gidelim sayfasina Turkce yorum birakalim!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. zeynep, fulya
    zeynep COk guldum :))) Evet bence de gidin sayfasina ve turkce yorum birakin keh keh. Ama sonunda yine bana is duser tercume isi ;)))

    ReplyDelete