Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

1987-2007

Just finished looking through around 130 photos of my classmates from high-school. This year it is our 20th anniversary of graduation. Hence, my friends, most of whom are still living in Istanbul, organized a dinner last Saturday. I couldn't be there, of course. Today I saw the photos they had placed at our mailing group's site at Yahoo. It took me back many years. Many memories came before my eyes after each photo. Most of the people have changed, and there are some that have changed so much that I had difficulty in recognizing them. The guys have lost hair and had gotten fatter.. The girls have a few wrinkles here and there and they also seem to be 'bigger'.. There are some, though, that look exactly the same as they did 20 years ago, impressive!

When I look in the mirror I don't think that I have changed that much. I am sure everybody could recognize me easily. I still have the curly/wavy hair that I had. I am still wearing glasses. I am neither too thin nor fat, as I was then (I cannot say 'as always' because during the years in Norway I was Thin, also too much for my taste now) and what is more I am still wearing braces on my teeth ;-)

Looking at those photos made me recognize once more that time is passing.. too fast. And I have no time to do anything that I want to or have to do! Help!

7 comments:

  1. We didn't have a class book. We didn't have a graduation party- I think. I was soooo relieved to be out of high school, I never ever wanted to have anything to do with them.

    But I visited a friend last year. She wasn't very different. She was haevy then, she is little heavier now. But lot happened. We were desperate "bast" friends, now we are not desperate, we can't be friends...

    www.elifsavas.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elif: really?? We had the class-book and graduation party (with parents!) :-) I loved my school (Kadikoy Anadolu Lisesi), I had chosen it over the German College, and I loved my friends. But I was also happy to have finished because I would begin at my favorite university, favorite department :-)

    We spent 7 years with those friends and most of them are important for me, still.. I have also some very good friends from other classes that graduated the same year with me.

    I think it is a pity that you don't feel anything towards people that you have seen many hours nearly everyday for many years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kuzencim,Berlin'e gitmeden hemen bir yazi dokturmussun gene;bizi bos birakmamissin.Biliyorsun ben 81mezunuyum ve gecen yil 25yil sertifikami aldim:"gumus sertifika" diyolar 5yil sonra da sen alacaksin,insallah.Benimde gozlemim 25yil aradan sonra, erkekler kendine hic bakmamis ya da doga onlara acimasiz davranmis;ama kizlarin hepsi fistik;ve o gunlerden daha hos hanimlar olduklari;tabii bunlarin icinde ben de varim:)Bu cumartesi,yani 23haziran gunu okulda yine talas gunu var ve ben gidecegim;senin icin camliktan Fener Bahce'ye dogru bakar ve bir selam yollarim;canimsin seni ozledim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunno. I don't miss it/them. :o)

    www.elifsavas.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had classbook and write-ups and now if I read them I get a good laugh. I never liked school. Starting from kindergarden. But College was a different story :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. kindergarden = kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melek: ohh, sen simdi bugun okuldasin, talas yiyip milleti gorucen, manzara seyredicen. Benim icin de cek o guzel havayi... Insallah bir daha Istanbul'a geldigimde beraber de gideriz oralara. Tanidik arkadaslarina da cok selamlar.

    Ozlemcim, zaten senin yaramaz bisi oldugunu anlamistim canimcim :-P

    ReplyDelete