Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Busy bee soon to fly away :-)

I just don't have the time to write here nowadays.... There is so much to do. I have been washing all the curtains of the house this weekend and since yesterday I am ironing them. I hate ironing, by the way, but I couldn't let the cleaning lady iron these, because I know that she would wrap them in two-three folds before ironing and I would hate to see the folds on my curtains. Hence, I decided to roll up my sleeves and get it done myself... under this heat.... I carried the ironing table downstairs since it is cooking upstairs under the roof. I placed it in the living-room strategically between two open windows right in front of the TV so that I can at least watch some shows/soaps while taking care of this 'heavy' job ;-)

Next Tuesday me and my husband are off to Berlin and the kids will be staying with their grandparents. This means that this weekend I should wash and iron (again!) the necessary clothes for them and for us. Then I should prepare our and their luggage. We also have a dinner to attend on Saturday, so I should get my hair fixed and decide what to wear, for me and the kids, since we decided to take them along.

On 26th of this month my mother is coming! We are all excited and can hardly wait. But, of course, this also means some preparations. I should get her room and bathroom cleaned and prepared, get out her towels and some clothes that she has left with us, go and buy the food that she loves, get the things that she prefers eating for breakfast etc. Luckily we are going to Germany, a country which is a paradise for me after Italy since there it is possible to find all the Turkish food that I miss and that I would love to get for my mother so she doesn't miss anything for her breakfasts here. I should make a list of things to be bought in Germany: Turkish feta cheese, yufka, some spices, some canned food, maybe some Turkish olives....

In fact I look forward to going to Berlin for another reason. We were there in the summer of 2003, spent three nights and yet we didn't manage to see everything we wanted since Iris was only 2 years old and visits to the museums with her was not that easy. This time we are alone, though Gabriele will be attending a conference I will be free during the days to visit all the museums that I had left out last time. I will also meet some dear friends from the good old days in Norway, and I am really looking forward to that.

I should just hang on, finish everything that is to be done before Tuesday and then relax and enjoy our 4 days alone with my husband... a long deserved get away for both of us...

6 comments:

  1. Aman Yasemincim ev islerine cok kaptirma kendini, oldugu kadar :-)
    Kolay gelsin canim ve iyi gezmeler. Tatili coktan hakettin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yasemin,
    There is a feature which you can use to prevent comments of 'anonymus' people.
    You are the computer girl and my Editor Hero, so use it..))
    I dont't allow people to comment in Dutch btw, only in English, with full name..))
    Succes and thanks for you editing work..))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canim beni yaaa,enerjini tuketme tatile sakla birazini da...Biliyosun kamuyla paylastugim veciz sozlerim ve fikirlerim vardir;bir nev'i kamu yarari yani;yeri gelmisken bir tanesi:"DIKIS NAKIS BOK IS,ISVE BELLE NAZ BELLE".Umarim mesaj alinmistir.Sana iyi tatiller,kuzen donuste yazilarini dort gozle bekliyor olacagim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meloscum valla sendeki bu laflar varken bir blog acmaman ayip. Ac bir blog da bu veciz fikirlerinden kamu faydalansin. Yardim ederim yani blog isinde ;-)

    Bu arada, malum ev kadiniyiz (!) ama cirkin olmamiz gerekmez, birazdan cikip kuafore gidiciim sekerim, geziye cikmadan biraz susleneyim dedim :-P

    Gelince yazarim Berlin anilarimi insallah...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hans (disguised-by-mistake-under-the-name-Ozlem), as you see I turned on that feature, this is much better, of course. Editing job will continue after I come back from Berlin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you seen the Jewish museum in Berlin? It is really famous with its architecture.. If you just have time...
    :)

    ReplyDelete