Pages

Monday, June 4, 2007

Simple joys of daily life

- My little one is walking! All of a sudden yesterday he decided that it was time to look down on things instead of lifting the head up and going on all 4. And, yes, he can talk on the phone and send faxes, too ;-)

- We spent the whole weekend at home, relaxing, doing the daily routine things.. I love cooking for my family and watching them enjoy the things that I have prepared. Saturday I made that French dish that I had given the recipe here in my blog some time ago, changing a few things. And yesterday I made açma (a type of little bread-like thing; Turkish). They loved it!
- The only 'different' thing we did this weekend was going for a walk in the forest all 5 of us, including the dog Roy that is :-) Me and Iris collected some flowers, as usual, which you can see here. The rose is from our garden.

- My one and only tomato plant in the rear balcony has small tomatoes on it. I can hardly wait to pick them up and add to our salads.

- One of my cacti (not the one that had flowers some weeks ago) is preparing a flower. I have never seen its flower before, so I am waiting impatiently, checking every day whether it has opened or not.
- Yesterday after a looong time I found myself playing Minesweeper. You know, that simple game that comes with Windows. I was addicted to that game when I was doing my PhD (and to Tetris during my MSc. studies). I remember saying to myself: 'Just three games then I will continue studying', and then playing for hours until I won the game, at least once... Last night I was playing until 1 am. I am a geek sometimes :-P
- I found that I had a very nice graphics program on my Mac. My professor needs to make some special graphs for her new book and I want to help her. She will be very happy when I show her this program :-)

4 comments:

  1. Tanri askina...bakin kim var faxin basinda:) Demek telefon ve fax ogrenmis, ben hemen rica edeyim tel noyu, cunku bu yakisikliyla konusmak istiyorum:)))
    Gercekten coook tatli, may God bless your little one, Yasemin.
    Bu arada, merak ettim, ismi ne anlama geliyor? Antonio, Giorgio, Paolo bla bla... gibi italianca isim zannederken ismi farkli geldi ve dikkatimi cekti:)
    Mando ''un bacio'' per Sander:)
    Buona giornata a voi tutti,

    Alara
    Ist'l - Roma

    PS Acma iyi guzel sabahlari ama, deniz zamani, kilo yapabilir, aman dikkat edin;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This child is "yemelik"! :o)

    www.elifsavas.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artik Sander'i kimse tutamaz;size de kolay gelsin.Umarim Sander'in ilk adim attigi gun diye ta rihe bir not dusmeyi unutmamissindir.
    Anne ve es olmak mutlaka cok guzel ve cok ozel ama;arada sadece Yasemin olmayi becerebilmene cooook sevindim;
    Bisiklet yazisini hala yazmadin;fikri takip yapiyorum ona gore....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alara: Sander Alexander'in bir turevi, asli Dutch, kuzey Avrupa'da oldukca bilinen bir isim, Italyanca'da tam olarak Sandro'ya denk geliyor.

    Elif: seninkinin de benimkinden asagi kalir hali yok, ne o son resimleri oyle blogundaki, enfes yaratik, ayni senin kopyan :)

    Meloscum, canim, bisiklet bende Cokomilk durumlarinda, hic aklimdan cikmiyo yani :P Yaziciim, pek yakinda, beni izlemeye devam ediniz please :P

    ReplyDelete